Dr. Ashima Madan provides hospital care for newborns, comprehensive primary care for healthy children and children with chronic illness (0-18 years of age).
Dr. Lakshmi Naidu provides back-up medical care during office visits.
Board-Certified in both Newborn Medicine and Pediatric Medicine.
- Pediatric Residency, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.
- Before establishing Healthy Start Pediatrics Dr. Madan was Associate Professor of Pediatrics in the Medical Center Line Professoriate at Stanford University.
- She was a faculty member at Stanford University for 15 years performing teaching, clinical care and research.
- She has authored and contributed to roughly 60 publications, chapters and reviews, has given several lectures at the local, national and international level (see her CV) and has been the Principal Investigator on several clinical and translational research projects.
- She has been selected by her peers to “Best Doctors In America” for several years.
- She was one of the first in the United States to show that Asian Indian mothers have a higher risk of delivering babies with a low birth weight compared to other ethnic groups. (see “Perinatal outcomes in Asian Indian women” under Resources).
- Dr. Madan has several years of experience providing care for children with complex diagnoses and chronic problems. She is one of a few pediatrician’s in the community with the desire and experience to provide care and to support the post-discharge needs of these infants and families.
- Her practice philosophy is to deliver personalized evidence based care, and to provide education and resources that will help parents in better management of their children’s health. Dr. Madan has raised two children who are outstanding students and citizens. She hopes to be able to share her knowledge and experience with parenting first hand to help young families raising children.
Insurance Plans Accepted
We accept a wide range of health plans including but not limited to Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, United Health Care, First Coventry, and Interplan PPO. If you have an HMO plan or MediCal Insurance or questions regarding coverage, please call our office.
Dr. Madan has attending privileges and makes hospital rounds on newborns at El Camino Hospital, Mountain View and Los Gatos, CA, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, CA, Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City, CA and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Palo Alto, CA.
Sub Speciality Care
We refer and collaborate with subspecialists at Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital, Palo Alto Medical Group and other qualified Pediatric subspecialists in the Bay Area.
Services are obtained from either QUEST, Lab Corporation of America or El Camino Hospital (all adjacent to our office)
Services are obtained from the Valley Radiology Group or El Camino Hospital (both adjacent to our office) or Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital