Dr. Ashima Madan provides hospital care for newborns, and comprehensive primary care in her clinic for healthy children and children with chronic illness (0-18 years of age).
Dr. Shaanta Nadhan provides back-up medical care during office visits.
Board-Certified in both Newborn Medicine and Pediatric Medicine.
- Pediatric Residency, University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine, University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Medicine.
- Before establishing Healthy Start Pediatrics, Dr. Madan was Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Stanford University.
- She was a faculty member at Stanford University for 15 years, performing teaching, clinical care and research.
- She has authored and contributed to roughly 60 publications, chapters and reviews, has given several lectures at the local, national and international level (see CV) and has been Principal Investigator (PI) on several clinical and translational research projects.
- She has been selected by her peers to “Best Doctors In America” for several years.
- She was one of the first in the United States to show that Asian Indian mothers have a higher risk of delivering babies with a low birth weight compared to other ethnic groups. (see “Perinatal outcomes in Asian Indian women” under “Resources”).
- Dr. Madan has several years of experience providing care for children with complex diagnoses and chronic problems. She is one of the few pediatricians in the community with the desire and experience to provide care and to support the post-discharge needs of these infants and families.
- Her practice philosophy is to deliver personalized evidence-based care, and to provide education and resources that will help parents in better management of their children’s health. Dr. Madan has raised two children who are outstanding students and citizens. She hopes to be able to share her knowledge and experience with parenting first hand to help young families raising children.
Insurance Plans Accepted
We accept a wide range of health plans including Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, Healthnet, United Health Care, Multiplan, and others. If you have an HMO plan or Medi Cal insurance or questions regarding coverage, please call our office.
Dr. Madan has attending privileges and makes hospital rounds on newborns at El Camino Hospital, Mountain View and Los Gatos, CA, Good Samaritan Hospital, San Jose, CA, Sequoia Hospital, Redwood City, CA, and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Stanford, Palo Alto, CA.
We refer and collaborate with sub-specialists at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital, Palo Alto Medical Group and other qualified Pediatric sub-specialists in the Bay Area.
Services are obtained from QUEST, Lab Corporation of America (LabCorp), BioReference, or El Camino Hospital (all adjacent to our office).
Services are obtained from the Valley Radiology Group or El Camino Hospital (both adjacent to our office) or Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.